About Me

My photo
A greatly blessed, highly favored and deeply loved princess by the King of kings.

Monday, June 23, 2008

I heard Him again...

I've read this passsage for the nth time. I've heard it preached for so many Sundays and in so many bible studies and even taught in our small group.

And then last Sunday, I heard it again. The "Lord is my Shepherd" hit my core for the nth time . . .

Was it because we have typhoon signal # 3?
Was it because there was no electricity during the worship service?
Was it because the church's senior pastor delivered the message?
Was it because the only light in that church came from 5 small candles?
Was it because the downpour of rain and intensity of wind took hold of my surrounding?
Was it because I have so much concerns inside my head?
Was it because after about three weeks, I was back in church again?
Was it because I needed to hear my Shepherd in His louder voice?
Was it because I needed rest from the tiredness of life?
Was it because . . .

"Don't force your will to be God's will."
"Do not trade biblical principles for God's blessings."
"Sometimes, the good Shepherd breaks the leg of His sheep. He will carry him until the leg heals. And the sheep will be closer to the Shepherd."

These were the words that took my being again.
It happened and now I trully understand.

The Lord is my Shepherd . . . surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life.

No comments: