About Me

My photo
A greatly blessed, highly favored and deeply loved princess by the King of kings.

Friday, February 26, 2010

2010 Philippine Election


Here comes the time when government officials are busy touring around the country and really getting sweat to meet and handshake every voter along the way.

For the presidentiables, I have my choice but it’s not yet final. In reality, I haven’t really studied the credentials of each candidate yet, or even just the “possibles” for that matter. The vice president, senators and below the ranks, will come later.

Just this week I watched from the news about the minorities in Zambales learning the new process of voting. I got goose bumps while seeing them study the electronic voting system. Some were nervous when they mis-inserted the ballot in the machine. Others grinned as they perfectly made it through. These are aetas doing their part so they can join and exercise their veto rights. And here I am having all the resources to do mine, but still reluctant and complacent with the coming election. But after watching that news, I was moved to start praying for and evaluating my candidates. I am one of those who are hoping that Philippine government will improve and I believe I should be doing my part as well. Yes, it may take a long time for the changes to happen but at least I can give my share.


I find it funny though when people ask me who's my bet for the president's role and then when I give my answer, they usually say (in shocked), "Oh, really?" Sorry guys, maybe next time just tell me yours if that is what you want to say.

As the election date comes nearer, I pray that there will be less violence and less deceit as we wait on who will take those positions and take the lead in managing our dear beloved country. There are many sweet promises and good plans being laid down for the Filipinos, will they ever come true? I hope so…

1 comment:

pamela said...

May the deserving candidate win this election and may he perform above our expectations.