About Me

My photo
A greatly blessed, highly favored and deeply loved princess by the King of kings.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Going Through The Scene!

My boss gave me a book as his “present” from a recent business trip. I have been reading a few pages though and I find myself interested to go. The book is entitled “How the Mighty Fall” authored by Jim Collins.

When it comes to management and leadership, I am more inclined to narrative-literature type of books. But these narrations are quite few since dealing with those topics is mostly by lecture.

While I was having my coffee break this morning, I was able to read a few pages again. It is about the trend towards the downfall of companies which the author termed as going through the “dark side”. I don’t know how the author did it, but I was actually hesitant to go on reading the next chapters for I am afraid of what he would say. Hahaha! I thought I can only have this feeling in novels or movies, just now have I learned that I can somewhat freak out in management books!

3 comments:

pamela said...

hahahaha bes go on, do not be afraid... that's how you overcome your fears, by facing what scares you. ;)

Clarisse said...

tapos mo na???? i'm interested to know....

how it feels??? (hindi pala sa story ..hahaha)

MARIE said...

bes and clariz, after more than a week i finally grabbed the book again. but even so, i only read a page or two...hahaha.

it's not that scary anyway, i just have lack of time for now.

maybe i'll post another blog when i get half way in the book. hehehe