About Me

My photo
A greatly blessed, highly favored and deeply loved princess by the King of kings.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Little Surprises


This day is another busy day for me. After days of not reporting in the office, I already expected the tons of workload waiting for me. Actually, before and after a business trip, I am really busy. This is my routine.

So today, my second day after the trip, I planned to start four jobs and wishfully hoping to progress, if not to complete, all four. I readied myself for days of overtime at the office this week. I even posted my to-do list in my cubicle, which by the way are all urgent and important!

But turned out that the urgent works were cut into two! (1st surprise) I received an email stating that one of the projects cannot be started due to some technical problems. (Yehey!!!). And the other one, I need to wait for the completion of additional data before I can start with it. (Another hurray!). (2nd surprise)

I joyfully started with the first project. It took me half of the day to complete the 50%. But unfortunately something was not right. I have to re-do everything! That means my precious 4-5hours was wasted. (sigh)

I looked back at the two surprises I got in the morning, that motivated me to start all over again. And just before 7pm, I was able to complete it 100%! Faster and with better results. (3rd surprise).

Tomorrow, I will start the other project. And I'm expectant to receive little surprises again. (grin)

I stopped counting my daily blessings for a moment, its a good to bring it back. I missed it...

2 comments:

pamela said...

sometimes we do not notice the little surprises, little blessings in life because we think they are too little to make a difference, not shocking enough... but when you sum them all up they do make a big difference. :)

MARIE said...

agree, 100%. :)