About Me

My photo
A greatly blessed, highly favored and deeply loved princess by the King of kings.

Monday, January 11, 2010

The Simple Things Just Are


I’m the kind of person who appreciates the simple things, well though not often verbalized, but I do love those simple things. The chirping of birds in the morning, the bright moon at night, the fireworks from somewhere, an unexpected short note from a friend, butterfly kisses from my nephews, warm embrace from loved ones, surprise visit from old friends – these are the simple things.

My former officemate, Nixon, never fails to surprise and touch my heart every year. We were not that close when he was still in the company but his simple ways of letting you know he still remembers, is what I appreciate the most. And though we have not seen each other since he transferred to another company, our communication is left open.

Based on the “love language test”, receiving gifts is not on the top of my list (this doesn’t mean I don’t like gifts, I love receiving them too!) and though Nixon doesn’t know this, he gives gifts when Christmas comes. The gifts may not be extravagant but they keep me excited every time I see his name on the card. Without opening the gift yet, I know that he touches my heart for always remembering. Somehow he manages to drop by or send the gifts to us girls (I assume that only the girls get these gifts, haha!) which the women termed it as “EFFORT”. Even if he is as busy as we are, he still finds time to shop gifts for us (Nix, or is it your wife who does the shopping? Hehe).

And for the longer time, I have managed to still keep his gifts on my table.

2005 – the red soccer-stress ball (hmmm, I haven’t used this yet. I’m afraid that I won’t be squeezing it when I get stressed because I might throw that ball to someone. Hahaha!)
2006 – tiny doggy toy (one hand is always on a high-five pose)
2007 – peach-dressed clown (with a lovely smile)
2008 – cellphone bag (this one I keep in my other bag, for I am still using it not for my cellphone but for my Ipod shuffle, hehehe)
2009 – very colorful and cutey paper clips (this is my favorite so far for they got my colors!)

Nix, now you need to think what would be your gift this year! Hahaha! More than the gifts, thank you for remembering and for keeping in touch. Hope we could go out one time with the rest of our friends here in Cargill. God bless you and do take care always.


And the simple things just are…





3 comments:

pamela said...

Wow, so nice naman ni Nix...
Hmmmm, Bes I think I have an idea who would be at the receiving end of that stress ball... hahahaha!

MARIE said...

bes, if you were thinking of that person, i won't be using that stress ball. it is too soft, i will use a sure hard ball! hahaha

Anonymous said...

hey, nice blog. glad you appreciate my simple tokens ... and yeah, i do buy them myself (BUT my wife takes care of the other stuff)!

take care and hope to see you guys soon!

nixon